Stay current with local leaders answering local questions on Reality Radio with host Steven W. Martin. He is the Mayor Paso Robles, California with a long history of involvement with local news and community service. He has worked in radio and print news, published his own magazines and operates the local Internet radio station Voice of Paso.
“Reality Radio” airs Monday through Friday, 6:30 AM, 7:30 AM, 8:30 AM, 9:30 AM
- Jordan Cunningham Feb 2017 9:18
- Chris Williams Feb 2017 9:26
- Larry Werner Feb 2017 9:26
- Debbie Arnold Feb 2017 9:18
- Bruce Gibson Feb 2017 9:22
- Dave Cooke Feb 2017 10:02
- Dave Mullinax Feb 2017 9:30
- Gina Kirkpatrick Feb 2017 8:48
- Wills Carter Feb 2017 9:23
- Vickie Mullen March2017 7:01
- Mike Manchak March 2017 6:32
- John Peschong March 2017 8:57
- Bruce Gibson April 2017 12:01
- Amanda Diefenderfer April 2017 9:25
- Carl Ribaudo June 2017 7:41
- Salud Carbajal July 2017 6:46
- Paso Robles Mayor, 2014 – Present
- Paso Robles City Council, 2012 – Present
- Chairman, Housing Constraints & Opportunities Committee
- Liaison, San Luis Obispo County Homeless Services Oversight Committee
- Liaison, CAPSLO
- Liaison, Paso Robles Housing Authority
- Liaison, Paso Robles Airport Commission
- Liaison, Paso Robles Youth Council
- Liaison, Travel Paso Robles Association
- Liaison, SLO-Cal County Tourism Committee
- Alternate Liaison, San Luis Obispo County Council of Governments/Regional Transportation Authority
- Paso Robles City Council, 1987 – 1996
- Paso Robles Mayor, 1988 – 1990
- Former Board member, CommunityLink – Non-Profit organization offering Homeless Services, 0-5 Health Navigator, Family Advocacy, Parenting Classes, Youth Programs and Resource Centers.
- Former board member, El Camino Homeless Organization
Atascadero Chamber Community Volunteer of the Year 2007
- Past-Chairman, Atascadero Colony Days
- Founding chairman, Mission Oaks Unit, American Cancer Society
- Former board member, San Luis Obispo County Hospice
- Past-president, Paso Robles Kiwanis
- Past-president, Paso Robles Optimist Club
City of Atascadero – As the city’s Director of Tourism he designed and directed the City’s efforts to publicize and grow its tourism business. He established working relationships with tourism partners including hotels, restaurants, wineries, destination venues and the San Luis Obispo County Visitors and Conference Bureau. He developed trade show presentations, coordinated advertising budgeting/product/placement and created numerous websites.
As the City Public Information Officer he acted as media liaison, created press releases, scheduled press conferences and was responsible for communications strategy. He coordinated the city’s media responses, eceived training with local emergency service representatives at FEMA’s Emergency Management Institute in Emmitsburg MD and acted as the city’s Emergency PIO.
He served as the city’s liaison to the Atascadero Main Street organization which promotes economic development in the city and its downtown business district. He coordinated relations with a nine-member board, managed the budget and supervised design/promotion/organization/economic restructuring committees consisting of merchants and local citizens. He guided the development of the very successful “Winter Wonderland” event which now draws thousands of people each year. The organization was recognized by the California Downtown Association for the development of a downtown farmers market/street fair and by local/state/federal officials for outstanding community service. The Atascadero Chamber of Commerce named him the Community Service Volunteer of the Year and the Atascadero Main Street Program the Outstanding Community Service Organization in 2007.
S.W. Martin & Associates – Marketing/Communications consulting firm. Traditional advertising, website development, social media.
The Tourist LLC – He developed The Tourist, the official publication of Amtrak’s Coast Starlight. He oversaw editorial flow, advertising production and pre-press preparation.
AdPro – He created a full-service advertising production company specializing in working with retail clients to develop print/TV/radio materials.
Twin Cities Community Hospital – Director of Marketing and Community Relations – He supervised hospital advertising and promotional efforts, prepared the annual Product Line Analysis, worked with multiple department heads, functioned as official liaison with media, and served on various county and regional hospital association committees.
Paso Robles Country News Paso Robles, CA – Editor-In-Chief – He produced feature articles and supporting photographs, wrote a weekly opinion column, coordinated a team of five writers and supervised conversion from traditional production methods to computerized layout.
KPRL-AM/KDDB-FM – Director of News and Operations – He produced and delivered 10 newscasts daily, covered city government functions, covered breaking news in the field, broke national news stories, coordinated multiple reporters, supervised a six-member announcing staff, and oversaw all commercial production. He was elected by peers to serve as a board member for CalAPTRA (California Association of Professional Television & Radio Announcers), and received awards for news contributions to Associated Press
Paso Robles Public Relations – He founded the area’s first full-service advertising agency/public relations office, developed a client list of three dozen local retail businesses, and produced radio and print advertising.
KPRL-AM/KPRA-FM – He received Radio Advertising Bureau awards for creative ad-writing and wrote the station employee manual. He was responsible for programming and maintaining automated broadcast equipment, hosted a daily music program and worked as assistant to the news director.
California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo, CA – Computer Science – Graduate classes in Boolean algebra, assembly language programming and Pascal
California State University Fresno, CA – Journalism – Bachelor of Arts, Journalism – Magna Cum Laud. Member, Phi Kappa Phi academic honor society.
California Polytechnic State University- San Luis Obispo, CA – Undergraduate studies in Physics – Organic and inorganic chemistry, analytic geometry, Calculus
Database Programming – Developed commercially marketed office management software for veterinary practices.
The Arts – Play numerous musical instruments. Has written eight stageplays which have been produced.